Day 5 chick mom and have some questions!

Kiwiheather

Chirping
12 Years
Aug 20, 2011
Ok, I am on day 5 of my new chick experience. I rescued two 3 week old babies from an apartment closet of 70 degrees! They seem to be thriving but have some questions. The docile one I called the girl has gotten pretty rambunctious. Seems to fly at the other one and even pin it. If the "boy" is investigating something, she rushes in and takes it. No blood shed or anything just bullying. They are both eating but the girl has def gotten bigger. Is this normal? Also, what happens of both are roosters?
roll.png
Will they fight eventually? They are both pretty bold, scratching with their feet and doing little flying hops a lot. I don't know if I am patient enough to wait months to know what they are! The suspense is killing me lol!!! Any advice is appreciated!

Those behaviors are very normal. LOL and my roosters were raised together and outside of figuring out which was going to be top Roo they have been fine together. They will probably play fight for a long time to come yet.

You won't have to wait months to find out! Pretty soon they will start to develop and you'll know...Hope for you they aren't both roosters - but even so they will work out the dominence issue now, not later (less big fights) and still get along..so far my 6 mo old roos still 'get along' in the field, but I cannot coop them up together anymore. Ever since I felt how big those drumsticks are getting they been kinda leery of me.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom