Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Newchics

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 15, 2014
Adkins, Texas
Do these look good for only being day 8? Just want to get opinions because I'm not sure what to be looking for. These are from different types of chickens. Some are light blue eggs, dark brown, and light tan

Thanks to all who reply

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Maybe it's just because the lighting is poor and the shadows are bad, but I can't see anything in those pics but the yolk and the air space above it. I don't see any sign of an embryo which should be visible on day 8. I would suggest trying to get better pictures and posting them on our Incubating and Hatching Eggs section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your hatching.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I can't really see any signs of life in those eggs, but it can be hard to tell from photos. Do you see any blood vessels?

I cant see any vessels. Are they obvious to see in brown eggs? I'm so afraid they are not fertile and if we dont get any to hatch my daughter will be heartbroken. i may end up just buying some chics in spring. Would rather hatch some.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

By day 8 you should see some veins starting. Give them a couple more days and if you don't start to see something soon, they are duds. Sorry.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

I don't see any veins/signs of life in the photos, though it can be hard to tell from photos. I would give them a few more days, but if you still see nothing, then they probably were never fertile. You can usually see veins clearly, even with brown eggs, at this stage. Sorry...

Back
Top Bottom