Day 8 no development?

Jun 2, 2023
so I’m doing a larger hatch of about 22 eggs, Mostly gamefowl. I’ve been using the nuture right 360 and temps have been steady at 99.5 and humidity about 50%. It dropped to 30% for maybe and hour on day two but that’s it. The incubator was thoroughly cleaned with soap and water, then disinfectant and rinsed one last time. I did run it for about 24 hours before setting the eggs as well. Does anyone have an idea as to why I can only see development on 6 of the eggs on day 8? I feel like that’s less than stellar odds. All the other eggs look empty, just an air sack and yolk? At what point do I toss the other eggs or could they still be good?

Attachments

• IMG_1520.jpeg
    IMG_1520.jpeg
    673.2 KB · Views: 102
I wouldn't toss them just yet....I candle my eggs twice maybe 3xs before lockdown. The first candling if I see veins and movement I write a check mark with pencil...if I'm unsure a ?.....if nothing an X...And leave them all till the next candling. Next candling if still no movement I toss, the 1s with the X.

..THE 1s with the ? Sometimes change to a check ✔️. If ur unsure leave em. Sometimes after you candle sooo many ur mind plays tricks on ya. Hey ur doing great. I have placed 50 quail in an incubator before and only 20 hatched. These are duck eggs?

I wouldn't toss them just yet....I candle my eggs twice maybe 3xs before lockdown. The first candling if I see veins and movement I write a check mark with pencil...if I'm unsure a ?.....if nothing an X...And leave them all till the next candling. Next candling if still no movement I toss, the 1s with the X.

..THE 1s with the ? Sometimes change to a check ✔️. If ur unsure leave em. Sometimes after you candle sooo many ur mind plays tricks on ya. Hey ur doing great. I have placed 50 quail in an incubator before and only 20 hatched. These are duck eggs?
Thank you, I made a small dot on ones I could see definitive development and left the rest blank. I didn’t candle for the first time until day 8. I’ll probably candle 1 more time maybe two. I suppose it would be best to toss the ones with no development the day before lockdown right? And they are all gamefowl(chickens) the dark brown eggs are my copper Maran crosses.

Did you crack a few fresh test eggs to check fertility rates? Yolks with bulls eyes are fertile.
Yes, I cook with eggs from the same hens. It’s rare I see one that doesn’t have the little white ring. The same hens went broody awhile ago and hatched her own chicks as well. 100% hatch rate from her 5 eggs. The eggs I put in were less the 7 days old as well. I’m quite confused about it.

Back
Top Bottom