DAY 9 OF INCUBATION HELP!!!!

gsophia

In the Brooder
May 16, 2015
Its day 9 of incubation and this is my first ever group of eggs incubating. I started with 12 chicken eggs and 6 duck eggs. I got them shipped to me and i let them rest for 24 hours then i put them in the incubator. The tempature was always at about 100 degrees and humidity at 55% for the most part. I have candled and 3 of my eggs have oozed and had to be thrown out. Now its day 9 and i still dont see anything like veins. As a plan B I was going to check my eggs on day 11 and if i still dont see anything i was going to go buy some chicks. I most likly wont be able to wait for nature to take its course because by then the store will be sold out of chicks. So do u think if i see no veins by day 11 or 12 i should buy some chicks. or do you think i should wait because i still have a good chance of my eggs hatching. What I have left is 10 chicken eggs and 5 duck eggs (call ducks)

Its day 9 of incubation and this is my first ever group of eggs incubating. I started with 12 chicken eggs and 6 duck eggs. I got them shipped to me and i let them rest for 24 hours then i put them in the incubator. The tempature was always at about 100 degrees and humidity at 55% for the most part. I have candled and 3 of my eggs have oozed and had to be thrown out. Now its day 9 and i still dont see anything like veins. As a plan B I was going to check my eggs on day 11 and if i still dont see anything i was going to go buy some chicks. I most likly wont be able to wait for nature to take its course because by then the store will be sold out of chicks. So do u think if i see no veins by day 11 or 12 i should buy some chicks. or do you think i should wait because i still have a good chance of my eggs hatching. What I have left is 10 chicken eggs and 5 duck eggs (call ducks)
If there are no veining or obvious development by day 9, (in chicken eggs) then it's highly unlikely they are going to produce any chicks. But if you have dark or green shelled eggs, it will be harder to see any growth or veining, so make sure you take that into consideration.

can i try to float test them. if so what am i looking for.
I don't know how accurate it's going to be at only 9 days. It's not usually done until after a chicks development reaches full term. You put the egg in warm (100F) water and if it floats and wiggles independently you know it's moving and viable. I'm not sure how much effect a 9 day old embryo moving in an egg is going to show.

Back
Top Bottom