Day Cage - Safe?

Moving them one by one from around the corner to their cage in the kitchen is about 20 feet. It will be a pain, but they can't stay where they are all day. I am hoping 3 weeks.
It's getting them out of that cage....you might have to crawl in thru the cage door.

My cousin had a hawk try and pull one through 2x4 wire standing on the ground. I had a hawk land on my day pin while I was working on my coop. Three week old birds.
I think I will have to have my Border Collie "guard" the birds. I have not seen hawks this close to the house. We have many, so this is not a good place for them at night, in my opinion.

It's getting them out of that cage....you might have to crawl in thru the cage door.
Currently I am crawling in to clean and fill water and food. They are in a dog crate, the metal kind with the door at the end. They peck a good bit, but are generally good. I'm sure as they get bigger it won't be too fun.

I saw some of your coop photos. Thank you and awesome. How is the PVC working on the T-posts? Did you have to replace those? We are going to use 3/4" EMT for the run at the car port coop and wondered how that held up over time.

Currently I am crawling in to clean and fill water and food. They are in a dog crate, the metal kind with the door at the end. They peck a good bit, but are generally good. I'm sure as they get bigger it won't be too fun.
Ah, so you're used to it......must have much better knees than I. :D

I saw some of your coop photos. Thank you and awesome. How is the PVC working on the T-posts? Did you have to replace those? We are going to use 3/4" EMT for the run at the car port coop and wondered how that held up over time.
Have not had one failure of the run framing in 7 years...
....am surprised, thought for sure that PVC would crack within a year or two.

Back
Top Bottom