1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day-old chick with foot problem

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by McCord6, Sep 28, 2009.

1. I remember reading a post about this but can't find it! I have a day-old chick that's foot is curled up, not straight. Can anyone probably tell me how to straighten it? I remember reading a post saying to do something with a bandaid but Im not sure exactly.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

3. kittyacid

kittyacid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2009
    Clayton, NC
  4. babyriver

babyriver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    N E Florida
    I had a BYC member help me out with crooked toes ,She made a flip flop out of duck tape. She put foot on the tape ,straighten out toes .Then took another piece of tape and put on top of foot .Then trimmed around to make it easier to walk.

5. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    Please give polyvisol enfamil (three drops in beak once a day for two weeks) along with the taped "boot" .... often there is a vitamin deficiency involved and this will address that (if the leg is not "bent" outwards at an odd angle then it is not slipped tendon)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by