DAY OLD PICS! post #225. 12 hatched!

Congratulations! Sounds like your hatch is going great so far!

Watching your thread and your success has convinced me to "bite the bullet" and purchase a 1588. My first hatch didn't go so well (LG). Thank you for helping with the addiction.
big_smile.png

Quote:
not unusual as they hatch, the humidity shoots up whenever an egg hatches. if you have to, pull the red plug.

sounds like the hatch is going well!
thumbsup.gif

Is 68% too high? I thought up to 70% was acceptable. Mahonri, I am so happy that it's going so well Yay!
ya.gif

It's neat that the kids from all over are coming to see!
thumbsup.gif
I can't wait for your next post and the pics!

Update.... sorry, I have a class that I teach on Thursday nights in Spanish.... I just got back.

1 Speckled Sussex is all dry and fluffy now. I forgot how tiny they are.
2 Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas are hatched and drying... they are GORGEOUS!
DS#4 thinks one is a roo cuz it has some darker areas the other is real yellow.
The other two have pipped and are taking their sweet time.
3 Leghorns are pipped
1 Leghorn is zipping as I speak the kids are doing a "movie" of it.
1 Marans is starting to zip. I think another is trying to pip because I've seen it rock.

No other pips.

None of the Faverolles have pipped. (5) Are they slow Melissa?
2 of the SS have not pipped
2 of the marans have not pipped.
3 of the Leghorns have not pipped.

The very first pip that started at 1AM (leghorn) is now finally zipping and the kids say he is coming out of the shell as I type. I hear joyous noise coming from the family room. Behold a leghorn is born!... and I pray they are all pullets!

Hopefully I'll be back soon with pics.

Temp is up to 101.1
Humidity is going up to 76% is that too high?

Red plug was pulled at 6PM, humidity continued to increase with each hatch. Amazing how each of them left a little poop on the bottom of their shell.

There is your 9PM update

Last edited:
Well if none of the SFs have pipped then I guess they are slow...

Too funny because as grown chickens they look like a grandma chicken to me. I can always picture a Faverolles hen sitting in a rocker with a crochet shawl across her shoulders and wire rimmed glasses settled on her beak reading to all the young chickies from Mother Goose! (OK, I am nuts!)...

I am sure you will have Favs by morning!

Here is the first to hatch. Speckled Sussex

10376_ss.jpg

And the second.. once it decided to zip it really went to work... W/BW Ameraucana

10376_w-bwameraucana.jpg

There is another Ameraucana and a Leghorn out now.

Two Ameraucanas with pips... one is moving.
Two Leghorns w/ pips
One Maran w/ a pip.

Humidity when up to 78 then back down to 76... wondering if I should open the bator for just a second to release a little humidity?
Temp also went up to 101.1? That worries me too! What's up with that?

Last edited:
ok here is a few pointer that i wen tthrough when my chicks hatched my humidity jumped up but the water was running dry the chicks breathing in the bator will make the humidity high but there wont be no water so be careful and watch your water in there also i say DO NOT OPEN THE BATOR, just turn down the heat a tad bit it will rise a si said the chicks are breathing whish is adding more hot air in there just dont open the bator what ever you do

Back
Top Bottom