DAY OLD PICS! post #225. 12 hatched!

Quote:
isn't it just amazing when the hatch starts? LOL I mean all eggs here that pipped first are all still in tact waiting to hatch still & they've slowly through the day have had their original hole get bigger but still no zip. Yet I've 2 others that were much later to pip & they're out.....

The humidity went from 68% to %70 with the first hatching & then to %72 with the second. I took a straw & suchtioned some of the water from the bottom with a syringe (a baby snot grabber) & that brought it back down a little so it's at %70 now.

I've a couple pics on my thread too & I've so been wanting a speckled sussex & now I see yours & really want a couple.

Last edited:
oh yea I forgot to say
celebrate.gif
Congrats on your hatchings!
celebrate.gif
great job!

Well 3 of the 4 Ameraucanas are out. 1SS and 1LH. That leghorn is HUGE. HIS head is gigantic!... and his body is huge too!

I have 2 leghorn pips
1 Ameraucana pip
and 1 Maran pip... they just haven't progressed since 1PM.

I know that the Ameraucana is still alive as I can see it moving... one of the leghorns as well.

Still praying for the other marans and especially the Salmon Favs... I've got to have at least a couple of them!

At least I got more than 1.... the recurring nightmare I was constantly having.

And hey y'all THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND THOUGHTS and great support!! It's wonderful!

I imagine I'll get very little sleep tonight. I have a full day scheduled tomorrow and I work straight through from 7AM to 2PM on Saturday.

Our water heater is still out and won't be repaired until at least Saturday sometime. ARGH!!

Guess I need to learn to appreciate the little luxuries that my grandparents couldn't have imagined when they were young!

well I've got Buff Orpingtons in the incubator & in their true Orphington fashion even in the incubator when you speak to them they look to run to you. So I feel bad even checking on the incubator now because every time I do they seem calm & relaxed and then when they see me they get all excited & look at me like "wait don't leave us here." LOL And this afternoon it was your nightmare of just one & he didn't look happy on his own. And now I could have sworn before that the 1st hatched &the bigger chick was running from egg to egg helping them pip & zip.....
smile.png
I now have 8 pipped as opposed to the 6 earlier though I'm not really sure it was the chick inside the egg that decided it wanted to hatch. LOL

I'll admitt I feel a lot better now that I've got 2 though it'll be nice to have a couple more.

YAY Mahonri, I'm so excited for you. I expect when we've got our bator going for the first time, even my big tough teenage boys will be as excited as our daughter... can't wait!

Congratulations on the babies, and go FAVS!!!

Congratulations! When I left for work this evening I checked my bator, nothing yet. I am very excited for you! I can't wait to get home and see what is happening in mine since we are hatching buddies.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom