Day one and already a disaster

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Flawedatdesign, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Flawedatdesign

Flawedatdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Dixon Missouri
    Homemade incubator running like a champ. After I replaced the light bulb. Forgot to tell better half not to turn them and when she did did it to fast and dumped a few eggs cracking 3 of them. Already I see how this is gonna go.

2. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    Sorry [​IMG] Good luck with the rest of your hatch! Hopefully you will have tons of little fuzzy butts to show off to us [​IMG]

3. KKatknap

KKatknap Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Albany, OR
    Congrats on the homemade bator! Sorry about the "help" problems. I'm sure she meant well. [​IMG]

4. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Aww! Try not to be too mad, I'm sure she feels badly!

5. florasbell

florasbell Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    germany
    my daughter did the same to mine on day one

i had eggs balanced everywhere in my home made bator and she came alone and tilted the shelfs and 6 fell off i was not happy but thankfully none where cracked and they are happy developing in there now nearing day 3 but i have made them more secure incase she does it again lol

sorry to hear of your cracked ones could you fix any or where they scrambled ?

6. Fuffy

Fuffy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Jersey, GB
    Someone on another thread taped up a cracked egg and got a healthy chickie. [​IMG]

Think she was pretty sure the membrane was undamaged.[​IMG]

Good luck![​IMG]

7. Flawedatdesign

Flawedatdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Dixon Missouri
    Well I was at work so I didn't know what was going on. The good thing is I can replace the three today [​IMG] (Atleast I hope).

I didn't get mad lol it's going to happen. I have the hens so eggs aren't a problem. This is also why I'm doing a test run before I buy hatching eggs or try to hatch a more expensive breed egg [​IMG] .

I'm using this practice to get it down for next spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by