Day Three question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SarahF, Mar 3, 2009.

1. SarahF

SarahF Chillin' With My Peeps

DH put eggs in the bator 72hours ago and I just thought to ask him if the fat ends are up...and he said, oh on most...ARGH! Men don't do research before they do things and it makes me MAD! [​IMG] So, is it too late to turn the others fat up?

Hovabator (with egg turner) - Turbo Fan - Day Three
    Current Temp: 98.5 - 99
    Current Humidity: 40% (DH just added water, we'll see what kinda damage he's done now [​IMG] )

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. chickenlove2009

chickenlove2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Woodlawn, Tn
    I just lay mine on their sides

3. Snakeoil

Snakeoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    SE Iowa
    No it's not too late to turn the eggs to the correct position.

4. hobbychick

hobbychick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2007
    Illinois
    I am on day four!! Good Luck w/your hatch!!![​IMG]

5. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Quote:instead of critising, why don't you just do it?

6. SarahF

SarahF Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a tendency for ruining things, like chick eggs [​IMG] I'm much better off not messing with Mother Nature. The ONE time I had a chicken go broody, I killed her only chick by intervening/interfering.

I told DH that if he wanted to do this, that I didnt want to help...but I see that he's doing this blindfolded and that makes me so nervous. SO, I keep an eye on the temps and humidity through out the day. (he would rather look at tractors and lawnmowers online than research our feathered friends...crazy eh!)

That night, the humidity spiked to 70%, so I opened the corner a bit till it went down to 50%. It stayed at 50% all day yesterday, but when we woke up this morning, it was down to 30% again. So, I added some water and it's slowly going up.

Can't wait till day 7 to candle [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by