Day18 ( update: its hatched!! )

chicktasticvt

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Bennington, VT
Just wondering if anyone else is on day 7? Last night I candled and had 4 eggs with really good veining ( couldnt help myself had to do it )
woot.gif
. This is my first time hatching, I have a MissPrissy styrobator, one of the 4 eggs looked like the small spot was moving, is that possible or was my mind playing tricks on me? lol

Last edited:
I'm close I'm on day 10 with this batch...yes, your seeing veining and the embryo moving around....Have fun.....

im on day 22 and out of 32 eggs none of mine have hatched it looks like they were ready on day18 but now i am not sure if they are gonna hatch at all any clue whats wrong ? thanks

What was your temp and humidity Kevin? Not too sure this is a first for me in the hatching dept, but I know the temps and the humidity are very important towards the end, sorry I caint be moer informative:idunno

Ok so ive been looking at a site that shows what to look for at the different stages of growth, and there are a couple of mine that look farther along than day 7, is this possible? I bought them from someone on ebay, and he said when he shipped them they were no more than 24hrs old, or so he says anyways.
hmm.png

It's very exciting. Just hatched three on Sunday and have 10 shipped eggs in the bator at day 4. Good luck.

I am on day 9. I candled on day 7 too:). I think you are seeing ok and I have had eggs that seemed to develop more than others...but they all hatched at the same time. So don't overanylize (sp). Did they all grow so far? I only have 4 under a broody. I was trying to reach maransguy to buy an egg from him to hatch with them, but he did not answer me
sad.png

yea all are looking alive so far but this is a first for me so i am no expert i guess i will let them go till they start to stink and chuck them if they do, but that isnt going to happen......got to be positive....
big_smile.png

On day 7 with Stacy's (hazleton farm) eggs!!!
Most all of them are veining!!
lol.png

I did candle only 2 of the turkey eggs I got which were white. Really did not think I would see a thing since it is soooo early....well
VEINS!!!
big_smile.png

Ohhhhhh excitiment!

Good luck eveyone with yours!

ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom