Daylight Savings time

cherylcohen

The Omelet Ranch
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
SF East Bay CA
Just wondering what I can expect this next week from my girls.

Will they wake up later?
Will they go in earlier?
Or will it be a crazy week of caos till they figure it out?

fyi we've been having the timer turn the light on at 5pm but they still to bed at 6:30am...go figure
smile.png

You're kidding, right?!
wink.png

They are guided by daylight, not what our clocks say. So now that it will be getting darker 'earlier', they will go to bed earlier. And will likewise be up earlier.

fyi we've been having the timer turn the light on at 5pm but they still to bed at 6:30am...go figure

Afraid I don't understand this at all. In any case, best if they have light essentially only during the normal daylight hours, and not much before or after.

p.s. Nice coop/run set up
smile.png

JJ​

Last edited:
OMG That was the silliest question ever, I don't know what I was thinking. It's me that will have the caos, waking up in time to let them out!

Sad thing is that by the time I get home it will be dark, so I won't get to see my girls
sad.png

Quote:
It's so much harder at this time of year, isn't it, for those of us who don't get home before dark. For a few years now I have had a flexible job that enabled me to get home in time to make sure they got safely tucked in by dark, and then I could continue my work in the evening on the computer at home. I expect a job I may have early in the new year will not have that flexibility - thank goodness the days will be moving toward lighter later (though only a minute or so each day!) by then....it is going to be a large challenge - will probably have to hire someone to come in each day...
JJ

Back
Top Bottom