Days old chick not eating and refusing yolk

Froh

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 18, 2016
Had some days old chicks come in the mail yesterday, all immediately caught onto eating and drinking on their own and were lively except for one, it was the usual symptoms of acting lethargic and weak.
I've separated her in a small box over night to avoid trampling, and have tried to feed her nutri-drench water, yolk, gro-gel, wet chick grit etc but the only consistency that she would actually open her beak for was the water. Anything thicker I would have to force the beak open just to get a little inside. So, she basically has not eaten anything but drops of yolk and nutri-drench water over a night now.
She has had enough energy to resist being dipped in water/food and not be held on the side, but otherwise she just stands still shakily with eyes open then back to sleep. She isn't interested in pecking at or looking at anything at all, but has turned her head slightly from my movements and navigated around the brooder so I would assume she isn't blind.

Any suggestions on what else I could try next would help, thanks!

Here is a picture of her looking messy from all the stuff I've tried to feed:

Attachments

• 6A758D2D-9EEE-45FC-8AA4-5B9DC3D93995.jpeg
    6A758D2D-9EEE-45FC-8AA4-5B9DC3D93995.jpeg
    453.5 KB · Views: 10

Froh

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 18, 2016
Just to add on, I'm not sure if this would mean anything but she is a white crested blue polish with pink feet, when all 9 others have orange feet.. Not sure if that indicates some issues or she's just special

Top Bottom