De-spurring the rooster >: (

ep.gif

I don't have a rooster or any spurs to remove from one, but geez...that's the craziest thing I've ever seen. Both the judge in that one video just popping them right off and then the thought of using a baked potato to just remove them. Nuts! I'm amazed by the stuff I read on BYC sometimes. Wow.

I have to agree...it has to make you wonder...who on EARTH was the first person to think hey! I think I will stick a pair of hot potatos on my rooster's feet!

Do you do this potato thing at night? Or does the rooster walk around with baked potatoes stuck to his legs?
hmm.png

never mind-I looked at the link. 5-10 minutes.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies.

That YouTube video looked nasty, I believe I'll skip the twist off & let bleed method : P
Those were some godawful huge spurs!

Potato method is intriguing...and then the hens could eat the potatoes...Revenge!

I do have a small hacksaw & that looks like the best approach for both me & rooster.

I use the Dremel tool with the disc for cutting metal. Just wrap the rooster and take off the sharp point of his spurs and claws. I don't take the whole thing off, just the sharp points. I think the claws do as much or more damage than the spurs.

Back
Top Bottom