De-worming and Wazine Concern

Pics
I use pumpkin to worm my chickens, it works great and doesn't affect the eggs. You can use fresh or canned pumpkin.

I just used Valbazen to worm my hens 7 days ago ...... I do not have enough for the second dose which should be done in 3 more days ......... is it ok to use Safeguard for the second worming? Meaning two different types of worming meds used within 2 weeks?

I just used Valbazen to worm my hens 7 days ago ...... I do not have enough for the second dose which should be done in 3 more days ......... is it ok to use Safeguard for the second worming? Meaning two different types of worming meds used within 2 weeks?
I think you'll be fine.

-Kathy

Absolutely use the safeguard in 3 days. I mix and match all the time.

I have never done any of this but I am gonna try it as a prevention, my birds are free ranging all the time now, I have not see worms.
My english is not so good and I kind of get mix with words but here is what I got so far, please any body let me know if I got it right.

I will probably do this next week:

Will dose with Wazine 17 :is this only one day dose?
Ten days later with safeguard (goat solution) how many days I have to dose this will this be one day too.
I will not eat eggs for 14 days, can I give eggs to the chickens?
Until next worming (Fall) I will give some DE and pumping seed or any other things that are natural.

Next time (Fall)
Wazine 17 .One day
Ten days later Valbazen (how many days do I give this?

Can I do the dosing in Spring and fall (like livestock) or the worms in chickens will have a different cycle?

Ivermectin I will only use that for the micro mites so will be in the mite/lice program.

I have never done any of this but I am gonna try it as a prevention, my birds are free ranging all the time now, I have not see worms.
My english is not so good and I kind of get mix with words but here is what I got so far, please any body let me know if I got it right.

I will probably do this next week:

Will dose with Wazine 17 :is this only one day dose?
Ten days later with safeguard (goat solution) how many days I have to dose this will this be one day too.
I will not eat eggs for 14 days, can I give eggs to the chickens?
Until next worming (Fall) I will give some DE and pumping seed or any other things that are natural.

Next time (Fall)
Wazine 17 .One day
Ten days later Valbazen (how many days do I give this?

Can I do the dosing in Spring and fall (like livestock) or the worms in chickens will have a different cycle?

Ivermectin I will only use that for the micro mites so will be in the mite/lice program.
Forget the wazine, forget the DE, forget the pumpkin seeds, forget the ivermectin. Give your chickens 1/2ml safeguard liquid goat wormer orally, repeat again in 10 days. Dont give the eggs to the chickens, toss them in the garbage. Worm your chickens along with your livestock.
IF they get lice or mites, use sevin dust on them.

Last edited:
Thanks dawn53 .
So If I do Spring and Fall I will be fine just with safeguard.
What about the 3cc per gallon and live it for two days?
When you say orally mix with water or each of the chickens?
Sorry for the questions.

I already using seven as preventive on their nest and dust bath areas.

Thanks dawn53 .
So If I do Spring and Fall I will be fine just with safeguard.
What about the 3cc per gallon and live it for two days?
When you say orally mix with water or each of the chickens?
Sorry for the questions.

I already using seven as preventive on their nest and dust bath areas.
Dont mix it in water. It's not effective, it also settles to the bottom. Use a syringe without a needle to draw the wormer from the bottle and dose it orally. Just pull the wattles down and the mouth will open. Squirt the wormer in the mouth and quickly let go of the wattles so the hen can swallow it on her own. If you dont let go of the wattles right away, she could aspirate.

Back
Top Bottom