DE

Also, where I got mine:

earthworks.citymax.com

Good luck finding the right stuff. Ours is also Permaguard brand. Kills anthills in an afternoon.
smile.png

Jess

That's what we have, it's just the consistancy of flour.

While building our goat shed, we ran across a huge colony of ants living in a old pack of shingles. Went and filled a gallon jug half-way with our powdered DE, doused the area with it, and within 3 hours, the ants were all but gone.

Like I said, good stuff.
smile.png

Jess

This is because you are in Perma Guard's Zone 5. It covers CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NY, PA & VT. The problem is with NY. If you look on Perma Guard's price list, it states (at the top of the page for Zone 5) "** New Yorkers please note. Due to EPA restrictions, we can only ship you Fossil Shell Flour. We have no EPA authorization to ship pesticides to New York." So I believe that because of this New York restriction, no pesticides are shipped within Zone 5.

At any rate, the "flour" is just what you need anyway, should you be feeding it to your animals. It states on the "flour" page that it will reduce odor and moisture in barns and stalls, mixes well with all feeds while guarding against insect damage, prevents worms and keeps virus epidemics from developing, saves albumen, destroys harmful acids, safeguards the stomach, improves health and growth of young animals, causes better digestion, allowing animals to absorb a higher percentage of protein from its regular diet, etc. So if you're looking for worm protection for your chickens and so on, the "flour" does just that. The pesticide is more for treating roaches, silverfish, fleas, flies, etc.

Hope this helps!

Jessica Blanks

Look around at local feed stores - I found mine at a feed store, $20.95 for 50 pounds
lol.png

I phoned around first and the woman I spoke to said it was NOT food grade - but when I actually went in, BOLD as day on the bag, PERMA GUARD FOOD GRADE CODEX and all the rest.....
I was tickled PINK!

Last edited:
I thank everyone for all your help
big_smile.png

I went to all the sites but, had a real tuff time paying so much on shipping!

the problem I ran into was all the feed stores around me were chains (tractor, true value & agway)

I did track down a privately owned feed store just outside my area!

the guy new exactly what I want and had no problem ordering for me @ $16
big_smile.png

this has been the best week yet!

I found concrete mixing place I can go get a truck load of sand for $10!

Best Yet DH moving out of the other 1/2 of my coop!! (we converted 1/2 his shed into coop)

so technically I could have 36 standers or 72 banty's
lol.png

I won’t tell DH that

Back
Top Bottom