De????

Hennyhandler

SilkieJax
10 Years
Jun 10, 2009
Cullman
I kinda understand what this is but not really. I thought it was to put in the litter so that it controls the smell and drys it out but i also read on another post that they said they used it for their liter no their food. what would you need it in food for? Also, it seems like this is hard to get and to get the right kind. Could someone tell me if this is a neccesity and how to go about getting the right kind and from where? Thank you so much. Boy, am i gedtting myself confused.

You need Feed/Food grade DE.
Mixed with your feed it is a natural wormer.
Spread in your natural coop it helps prevent lice.
Helps to decrease flies if used with the above.
do not purchase DE at a pool supply store it is the wrong kind. You would need to purchase it at a garden center, plant nursery or feed store.

food grade DE is what you need to get. I purchased mine on e-bay, for $55.00/ 50lb bag that includes the shipping.
mixing some in their feed helps with worming as and other internal parasites.
I made a box for them to dust themselves in, I filled it with sand, topsoil and DE, about once a week I put a 1/2 cup of DE on top.
DE inthe dusting box should helpfor lice and other pests, and in the coop it will help stop the flies from laying their eggs.

it should last a really long time. of course I do use mine in my garden to help with the snails. I use about four cups at a single time when I dish nit ou. also be sure to wear a mask so you don't breathe the dust, it can be hard on the respitory.

Back
Top Bottom