Dead or alive

Heather64

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2021
My duck was sitting on my silkies eggs because every time she got up the chickens would go lay eggs there. Anyway my duck decided not to sit any more I believe around day 18ish..
However it is really cold out not sure if I grabbed this egg in time. I don't see movement that I can tell.

Attachments

• 20220110_191858.jpg
    20220110_191858.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220110_191802.jpg
    20220110_191802.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 2
How long was it left uncovered? You should be able to see movement at this point and even though I don't see a blood ring, I think its dead.

make sure the egg is warm before you candle. They can take some cold . They have surprised me a few times. The chick wont be moving much anyway at this stage.

I am not sure I noticed on camera while I was gone and had my mother in law bring then inside so not sure if they were even still warm :(
Fingers-crossed!! But really though, at 18 days, I would expect to see movement already. Hopefully it makes it and I am wrong!

My duck was sitting on my silkies eggs because every time she got up the chickens would go lay eggs there. Anyway my duck decided not to sit any more I believe around day 18ish..
However it is really cold out not sure if I grabbed this egg in time. I don't see movement that I can tell.
Does this look like day 18ish? Wondering if she got up a different time and chickens went in her spot

Back
Top Bottom