1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

dead turkeys?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by mayrooni, Aug 1, 2016.

1. mayrooni

mayrooni Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2013
    this is my first go around with turkeys. i have 3 that are about 12 weeks old. last week i had one that randomly died. i *thought* i saw green poop in the pen. today, i found another dead and it clearly had green poop. i havent noticed any other signs. thoughts on this? i have other turkeys that are housed with them that are younger.

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

Sorry about your losses.

Would be best to have a necropsy done by a lab, or you could do one yourself. Keep a very close eye on all the others because there is a very good chance you're going to lose more if you don't figure out what the three died of.

-Kathy

3. FarmerMac

FarmerMac Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2014
    Virginia
    Were your turkeys healthy and just died overnight? or did they show some type of illness.

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

First post said green poop, and green poop is a sign of illness .

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by