Deaf puppy!

First, congratulations on working with your deaf puppy. Many people won't take the time or make the effort to work with an "imperfect" pet.

I've had both deaf dogs and blind dogs, and to me, a blind dog is easier to train. However, I was able to teach Cash, the deaf dog, with hand gestures. For example, making an "applause" gesture while giving a small treat tells the dog he or she did a good thing -- like making potty outdoors.

And, the one time he slipped out the back door ahead of me and unleashed -- at night, of course -- I kept flipping the outdoor lights on and off to get his attention so he could see where to come home. And, he did.

Best wishes with training.
Ok thanks and yeah my parents told me to take him back since he has a one year health guarantee but I love the little guy so I not he will just move out with me in a year

Also with this said since I have people on here I had been leaving him off leash when we walk on trails and he plays with the water and everything should I keep him on a leash till he figures out recall? Also would you still continue to take him to dog parks or would you not I am not worried about him but of the other dogs since if the get aggressive I can call him back and suggestions

Also with this said since I have people on here I had been leaving him off leash when we walk on trails and he plays with the water and everything should I keep him on a leash till he figures out recall? Also would you still continue to take him to dog parks or would you not I am not worried about him but of the other dogs since if the get aggressive I can call him back and suggestions
You can still take him on walks and take him to dog parks. Just be careful. Im glad you can keep him.

Ok thanks
Our deafand blind puppy we had for a week we took him outside without a leash. We didnt know he was deaf and blind. After we drove almost 3 hours to get him in Manchester Iowa. He kept working his way toward the highway and we couldnt keep him. I wish we could of.

Our deafand blind puppy we had for a week we took him outside without a leash. We didnt know he was deaf and blind. After we drove almost 3 hours to get him in Manchester Iowa. He kept working his way toward the highway and we couldnt keep him. I wish we could of.
I dont live by any busy roads so that eont be a problem thank goodness

Back
Top Bottom