Dealing with Fertility Issues

Quote:
LOL..i'm subscribed to Kalin too..
lol.png
Her hubby is in the Army right...and shes got the great dane and the little chi?

LOL yeah she's great, I like her a lot. I love her dogs and watch their vids too. Her little chi is super adorable.
big_smile.png

You know what kind of irks me? That IUD hurt like HELL to put in...and at these thyroid levels, pregnancy is highly unlikely. I probably could have gone without it and been safe.
hmm.png

It's nice to hear from all you ladies, and I'm sorry to hear about all the trials you're going through, but know you're not alone! We've been trying for almost 3 years now. Had all the major tests done with no smoking gun for either me or my husband. I ovulate regularly, just don't ever seem to get pregnant. Have tried a few drugs and 5 IUI's (of course none is covered by insurance!!). We're struggling now with whether we want to take the next step to try IVF. I'm 39 so the window is getting ever smaller and like one of the other posts, I'm not 100% convinced that I want kids, nor is my husband. At the same time, I never really imagined I'd go through life without.

Anyhow, there are a lot of great resources out there for information on all the different situations. I've enjoyed reading and posting to: http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/

Good
luck to you all!!

I'll try to summarize

After a year or more of trying found out the wife and I both had problems. I have what they call triple factor, low quality, low quality, low mobility.
barnie.gif

Tried fertiliy treatments, meds, etc. Nothing worked. We were left with invetro or adoption. We decided for the sure thing and go with adoption be we would only have one shot with invetro due to $$$.

No luck with domestic adoption agency, they were small agency and that was part of the problem.

Had some hits from parentprofiles.com but then the birth mother back off at last minute.
barnie.gif

Signed up with an adoption attorney to increase our odds.

Decided to go international. We were placed with a child and then the child was "adopted by a local family" just as they got out money.
barnie.gif
Then they go bankrupt.
barnie.gif

Out of the blue we are selected by a birth mother from out adoption attorney. Everything we super smooth and we helped deliver our Daughter.
celebrate.gif
love.gif
celebrate.gif

After a few years we decide to give it another whirl. (Because we like to torture ourselves) We decided to go with our adoption attorney only. We ended getting selected by a birthmom who had placed 2 children with the same agency before. She was very poor and fat. We paid living expenses + extras to help her out and the 2 freeloaders living with her. Due date was March then May then April. Then she was having twins. After a 2 missed ultra sounds and then her disappearing we found out she was not pregnant and was a scam to get money.
he.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

She might of got away with it except she committed this crime in the city where my cousin is a Detective. He tracked her down using Myspace and after some internet love chat, she gave up her phone number and the US Marshalls tracked her down.
clap.gif

Due to sentencing guidelines and being a “financial crime she got the max 90 day in jail and 4 year probation. The Judge was not happy.

We had been approached by family friends about possible adoptions, but we are DONE.

I hope this does not change anyones thoughts on adoption. We just got very unlucky.

Ok, im 44 and now in menopause but dealt with all of this and ended up adopting after 14 yrs of tx. I have several minor dx but nothng to prevent preg. One of the lucky ones with unknown infertility. My husband even worked 200 miles away to afford if insurance. I would drive to the clinic and meet his specimen, never saw him for weeks on end. Adopted our first when I was 34 and our 2nd when I was 39. There was a failed adoption inbetween. I agree with the poster about hsg being the worst test ever. At one point I switched clinics and they made me have a 2nd one(nasty people). I had a very bad reaction to clomid and had an ovary and tube removed along the way. All I can say is I feel so sorry for anyone experiencing this. No one wants to talk about it with you. The meds just weird you out and cause a financial strain. I still hate baby showers, I always gave money because I couldn't shop for baby things. I would stand there and sob in the baby isle. Psycho childless person that I was. Be convinced you want it before you adopt, thats another heartache. Don't get me wrong, I love my children with all my heart. But once again--lets face it, we put $60,000 to 70,000 into 2 adoptions in 8 years. Have one car and no retirement. We are just now getting it together financially. One child is bipolar and the other is the poster child for reactive attachment(adopted from china at age 4.5). Life goes on. If you have any questions about tx or adoption I will be happy to try to help.

Oh boy. Thats a really tough road, one that I really can't imagine. I am sorry you've gone through that and I know you must feel really really blessed to have the little one you have
smile.png

Classicsredone-- I hear you on the IUD -- I went through he** on and off the different birth controls and come to find out the past 18+ months there was no way I could have gotten pregnant, even without the PCOS.

Telehillco --Glad to know you're not alone in these situations huh? I feel that having the resources available, such as Youtube has helped keep me sane. I hope you get your little one sometime soon
smile.png

Yeah the next medication step for me is Metformin and Clomid because when I do ovulate, which more than likely isn't every cycle (though its better than most with PCOS), I ovulate very late in my cycle. Usually on CD 19-23. So after DH comes back with a productive sample I will start on those. We have about 2 months to go before we expect a good result with him, but we are testing again this week to get a better baseline of a few things.

I'm sorry for those of you who are going through infertility. We struggled with it for years. Went to doctors, etc.
While I never was able to get pregnant, we have been fortunate to foster/adopt 4 children and in mid process with our 5th. We had a good experience with adopting our first four and it was a relatively smooth process. The state workers were easy to work with.

It has been quite a different experience with our 5th baby and it is a miracle he is even alive and in our home. Dealing with the state workers(two states and different people) this time has been the complete opposite and it was quite a struggle for a while.

We are so grateful to have our children, they have brought so much joy(and anxiety) to our lives. They are the light and liveliness in our home.

It was so extremely painful not to have children for all those years, but I regret none of it now and all the pain has washed away.

When my children ask about me not getting pregnant, I tell them how happy I am that I couldn't have children, otherwise I would have never gotten them.
big_smile.png

Foster/adopt isn't for everyone, but if anyone would like more info they can PM me.

Good luck to all of you trying to get pregnant!!
fl.gif

Just wanted to check in on you ladies. QuinnP - I am so sorry. I passed a rack of baby clothes at Kohl's today and the waterworks went wide open. I'm dealing with other health issues right now, and maybe it is just not the right time. Who knows...I guess besides God. I'm going with my husband to a friend's house. I grew up with him, and he's like my brother. I just need some time with both of them right now.

Hope you all are doing well. Sending you some virtual baby dust! *poof!*

Back
Top Bottom