Dear Diary ;) My 1st Brooder

Do you have a favorite out of the breeds you've raised? I really want to eventually have a Gold Laced Wyandotte! I think they are beautiful.
Well, out of all of them I think my most favourite would have to be the Light Sussex ( the roosters are so beautiful! ) and then the Gold Laced Wyandotte. We had this one Gold Laced Wyandotte called Caramel and she had a big pale tick as big as a corn kernel in her neck. She was all upset and when we came to help her she sat still and let us take the tick out. She KNEW that we were going to help her so she sat still.

Well, out of all of them I think my most favourite would have to be the Light Sussex ( the roosters are so beautiful! ) and then the Gold Laced Wyandotte. We had this one Gold Laced Wyandotte called Caramel and she had a big pale tick as big as a corn kernel in her neck. She was all upset and when we came to help her she sat still and let us take the tick out. She KNEW that we were going to help her so she sat still.
Chickens are so intelligent!

I used an old cage I had laying around that once housed pet rats. I flipped it on it's side so it would create more space. Taped on some plastic around the outside to keep the bedding in and also wrapped the cardboard bottom in plastic to make clean up easier.

Looks like it should work nicely, at least ventilation won't be a concern! I would caution against the plastic wrapped around the cardboard... it might be too slippery (even with bedding chicks will dig and kick it aside) and slippery floors can lead to slipped tendons.

Back
Top Bottom