Dearest Lucifer,

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MaggieRae, Jan 26, 2010.

1. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Dearest Lucifer,

You are a big rooster now, at 31 weeks and one day of age. All 7 of your girls are laying beautiful little pullet eggs. It's about time that you fixed this crowing problem of yours. At your size (and age), you should be going "Cock- A - Doodle- Doo." "Cock-A-Doo's" are cute and all, but those are baby crows, and Lucifer, you're not a baby anymore. I know you've tried practicing your doodle, but when you do, your "doo" seems to end. For this reason I know you quit practicing. For the sake of your own pride, please get your "Doodle's" down. The neighbors are laughing. The embarrassment of a dead "Doo" is much better than missing a doodle altogether.

Thank you.

Love,
    The one who feeds you.
    Maggie Rae

P.S. I have refrained from using your baby name, Lucy, in the hopes you will better receive my message. Don't worry, I'll continue to rub your belly whenever you like. Just crow like a big boy please. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wohneli

wohneli Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Gainesville
    [​IMG]

3. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG] He is a gorgeous big boy!

4. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

dear dear Lucifer, i'm not laughing at you! wait....er...um....maybe i am...[​IMG]

5. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    [​IMG]

here is a thought for lucifer- is there a roo recording you can get for him to listen to? our silky roo is teaching our brahmas how to crow, they are in seperate areas, but Squeak will crow, then barny will try, then squeak, back and forth- sounds just like he is learning from him...it will go on in the morning for about half an hour

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I had a Giant Partridge Cochin that didn't have his "doo" down for some time.. then my GC Maran roo taught him... and he became WAY too noisy for our neighborhood and had to be rehomed.

Be grateful he doesn't have his "doo" down.

7. MaggieRae

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    He and another roo crow to each other, but the other roo is pretty far away... So Lucifer probably thinks the extra length of the other roo's crow is probably just an echo. [​IMG] And I would NEVER laugh at my baby roo roo... (Giggle).

Maybe I should enlist youtube's help in teaching my rooster a proper crow...

8. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

He is a pretty boy!!!

9. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

TOTALLY off topic here, but what kind of camera did you take that pic with MaggieRae?

10. MaggieRae

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Quote:Nikon D60.
    I'm really hoping to get a Nikon D5000 soon, as I found one for a great price that I can afford... Maybe someday... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by