Death of three old hen

Mom of 9

In the Brooder
Apr 18, 2017
Yesterday afternoon I noticed one of my hens appeared to be having trouble breathing. I picked her up to take in the house her chest was all rattling and mouth open trying to breathe. She just suddenly died. I think she may have had an upper respiratory infection. Is this something that can be passed on to the rest of them. If so should I just treat the rest with tylan powder that I have? I would appreciate any help. This second hen in a month

Yesterday afternoon I noticed one of my hens appeared to be having trouble breathing. I picked her up to take in the house her chest was all rattling and mouth open trying to breathe. She just suddenly died. I think she may have had an upper respiratory infection. Is this something that can be passed on to the rest of them. If so should I just treat the rest with tylan powder that I have? I would appreciate any help. This second hen in a month
sometimes they just get old and pass. but it would be wise to clean everything (food dish, waterier, and the coop) just in case it is something that can be passed on. also if you see another hen with these symptoms you should isolate her.

I didn't think 3 years old for a golden comet was very old. I clean their waterer everyday but will clean their coop. I have an extra coop that I use for any that need isolation. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom