Debt free and facial hair folly.

Quote:
I was screaming inside!!!
lol.png

so do tell;

how much did you pay off in how logn on what salary???

we have about $19K left to pay off...on a $40K salary..a few yrs ago we were at $50K...

I'd KILL hubby if he didnt shave/trim his goatee lol...

you should call Dave Ramsey for the "Im debt free" scream!!

Quote:
Well we paid off approx. $20K in car note/medical bills over 3 years. I took (and still am)ALOT of side jobs doing painting/drywall repair/handyman work. Which means that a lot of nights and weekends were/are sacrificed. I would say that our average combined salaries over the last 3 years has been right around $55K*. We followed Dave Ramsey's plan as best as we could...some months were better than others as I am straight commission. We have to build up our 'Emergency Fund' again because we threw everything we had available to pay off the 'stupid tax' car ($603/month - NEVER do that again). It is a very liberating feeling for us because we dealt with a foreclosure and vehicle repossession 2 years prior to starting Dave's plan: 1) a lot has happened in the last 5 years and 2)we made a lot of stupid financial decisions in the last 10 years. Sorry for the babbling but it feels like a financial 'redemption' of sorts. I actually get kinda teared up when I listen to some of the stories w/Dave Ramsey because we can relate, it has been rough. So, I scream 'DEBT FREE' each day inside and it is one step closer to our dreams.

* As a side note, this almost the most money we have made in our 'earning' lives.

Quote:
Well we paid off approx. $20K in car note/medical bills over 3 years. I took (and still am)ALOT of side jobs doing painting/drywall repair/handyman work. Which means that a lot of nights and weekends were/are sacrificed. I would say that our average combined salaries over the last 3 years has been right around $55K*. We followed Dave Ramsey's plan as best as we could...some months were better than others as I am straight commission. We have to build up our 'Emergency Fund' again because we threw everything we had available to pay off the 'stupid tax' car ($603/month - NEVER do that again). It is a very liberating feeling for us because we dealt with a foreclosure and vehicle repossession 2 years prior to starting Dave's plan: 1) a lot has happened in the last 5 years and 2)we made a lot of stupid financial decisions in the last 10 years. Sorry for the babbling but it feels like a financial 'redemption' of sorts. I actually get kinda teared up when I listen to some of the stories w/Dave Ramsey because we can relate, it has been rough. So, I scream 'DEBT FREE' each day inside and it is one step closer to our dreams.

* As a side note, this almost the most money we have made in our 'earning' lives.

I cannot WAIT to do that..that debt free scream to myself...
we are so close compared to what we were..so I applaud you...we follow it too..but I do own my own biz and a lot has to go on CC as we have no cash in the bank for it..but we are trying to pay what we can off and refrain from CC purchases the best we can..we are hoping that by next summer we are 100% debt free and have a small cash reserve to run the biz on for that yr...

CONGRATS..ITS HARD WORK but you are BETTER OF FOR IT NOW!

Quote:

we are so close compared to what we were..so I applaud you...we follow it too..but I do own my own biz and a lot has to go on CC as we have no cash in the bank for it..but we are trying to pay what we can off and refrain from CC purchases the best we can..we are hoping that by next summer we are 100% debt free and have a small cash reserve to run the biz on for that yr...

That is a great plan! I can't wait to hear you scream "FREEDOM"!

BTW, where in Central IL are you? I was born in Central IL (Gibson City) and I have some family near Fisher. We moved to southern WI in March '77 because farm land was WAY cheaper.

Quote:

That is a great plan! I can't wait to hear you scream "FREEDOM"!

BTW, where in Central IL are you? I was born in Central IL (Gibson City) and I have some family near Fisher. We moved to southern WI in March '77 because farm land was WAY cheaper.

I am in mason City...but ilved in springfield and raised in Edinburg (by taylorville)

Back
Top Bottom