DECEMBER Hatch-A-Long!😊

I know we were just trying to make do with what she had in her house! Haven’t heard back from her for a bit so hopefully everything is going OK😊
Best thing to do is buy emergency supplies for hatching so it’s always handy. I use a lot of stuff for all my animals so I’m well stocked lol. If I can fix it, the vet is happy with it!

Best thing to do is buy emergency supplies for hatching so it’s always handy. I use a lot of stuff for all my animals so I’m well stocked lol. If I can fix it, the vet is happy with it!
Yes, we have a lot of stuff on hand too, as there is no poultry vet anywhere near us. 😊

I’m up to nine :) I’m just curious when do you guys typically start taking chicks out of the incubator? I know they can be in there for three days, is it better to get them out before the end of the third day? Is there a bit of leeway?

I’m up to nine :) I’m just curious when do you guys typically start taking chicks out of the incubator? I know they can be in there for three days, is it better to get them out before the end of the third day? Is there a bit of leeway?
I take mine out once they’re dry. I don’t like them pooping all over the incubator or kicked the other eggs around.

It’s really your preference and what you prefer, we all do it differently

I agree with @FortCluck, take them out as soon as they are dry. Try to have two to start with, so they have company in the brooder. Get them started on some food and water as soon as they are able. 😊

We trim our silkies' nails and beaks every few months. They don't seem to mind the pedicure, but are not too happy having their beaks filed!😊

my hatch is done :) .. not counting the 2 duds in my ebay batch of 12 i got 10 AND the strategy to open up a small air hole in the pip in the 2 backwards chicks facing the butt end worked, ive lost a couple of chicks in the past that went full term and died in the egg that pipped the wrong end, so, i needed a win its about time lol ... i think im addicted to hatching eggs lol wonder if theres a name for that ......

Attachments

• goldie and blue.JPG
    goldie and blue.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • oh that was sooo good.JPG
    oh that was sooo good.JPG
    1,016.5 KB · Views: 5
  • the this morning photo.JPG
    the this morning photo.JPG
    1,007.2 KB · Views: 5
  • the 10 amigos.JPG
    the 10 amigos.JPG