DECEMBER Hatch-A-Long!😊

They started hatching this morning. Very slowly that is. 9 in the brooder now and 4 more pipped.

20201213_085517.jpg

Day 10 on the Christmas Day eggs and all 9 look great.
These are the least problematic eggs I have ever incubated, the most problematic chicks to sell!
Previous chicks I have hatched were sold within hours of posting on Craigslist, these little ones are all still here.
8 chicks so far, all adorable of course. One more hatching as I write this. Every one of these eggs have pipped on day 19, hatched on day 20. Zipped effortlessly from their shells, all healthy and active. This staggered hatch has been a joy so far (knock on wood somewhere...) 😊

These two hatched Saturday
0816908C-03EC-4B5C-83E9-7404E751D9C9.jpeg

These are the least problematic eggs I have ever incubated, the most problematic chicks to sell!
Previous chicks I have hatched were sold within hours of posting on Craigslist, these little ones are all still here.
8 chicks so far, all adorable of course. One more hatching as I write this. Every one of these eggs have pipped on day 19, hatched on day 20. Zipped effortlessly from their shells, all healthy and active. This staggered hatch has been a joy so far (knock on wood somewhere...) 😊

View attachment 2448971
Adorable!

View attachment 2448971
so cute! The one on the right reminds me of Jonathan Rhys Davies.

Last edited:
A baker’s dozen (lucky 13) went into lockdown last night. So if you’ve ever wondered what happens when eggs are shipped 2000 miles, with saddled air cells :(, followed by inconsistent turning :barnie, set upside down and on their sides :duc, and temperature fluctuations :hit, I’ll be able to let you know in a couple of days. Anything that makes it out of these eggs will be super-chicks after overcoming all of my $&@#-ups.

Back
Top Bottom