December hatch-along?

Ducky’s shoes to correct curled toes. I’ll get some B complex tomorrow.

Attachments

• 5E911ED9-E444-4EAF-BC9C-E333F3E75743.jpeg
    5E911ED9-E444-4EAF-BC9C-E333F3E75743.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 5
We started lights the first of nov and started getting eggs about 4 weeks later.
Thank you for your reply. I had guessed as much. Mine free range, but lighting is something to consider. There have been years where mine have started to lay in Nov. and hatched poults in Dec./Jan. even while free ranged, but not for the last two years.

Thank you for your reply. I had guessed as much. Mine free range, but lighting is something to consider. There have been years where mine have started to lay in Nov. and hatched poults in Dec./Jan. even while free ranged, but not for the last two years.
My DD is getting set up for her fair birds, our fair is in july. In order for her heritage turkeys to have a shot they need to be born as close to jan 1st as possible.
Our last hatch of December was a success! 9 turkeys and 1 black Nn running around in the brooder!

DD? Nn? 9 baby turkeys-how cool. Mine are midget whites-guess I'll have for wait for spring to get poults. But I'm pleased that my Yokohama hen has 4 chicks. The Phoenix hen has a nest started and will soon be broody; usually when she has 9-10 eggs in the nest. Two serama have nests started. A third should be hatching next week. And a fourth serama has 4 new chicks in a tub in the kitchen. All in all, my birds are doing well for it being winter. It was a bit daunting when I saw the Yokohama hen out scratching in a mud puddle with her new chicks when the temps were in the upper 30s. The chicks are growing fast and the wet/cold doesn't seem to bother them.

DD? Nn? 9 baby turkeys-how cool. Mine are midget whites-guess I'll have for wait for spring to get poults. But I'm pleased that my Yokohama hen has 4 chicks. The Phoenix hen has a nest started and will soon be broody; usually when she has 9-10 eggs in the nest. Two serama have nests started. A third should be hatching next week. And a fourth serama has 4 new chicks in a tub in the kitchen. All in all, my birds are doing well for it being winter. It was a bit daunting when I saw the Yokohama hen out scratching in a mud puddle with her new chicks when the temps were in the upper 30s. The chicks are growing fast and the wet/cold doesn't seem to bother them.
DD is dear daughter
Nn is necked neck aka turken
Sorry I get lazy

Back
Top Bottom