December Hatch - Keeping our fingers crossed =)

I'm not the best at this, but what is your humidity? Is it high enough?

Last edited:
Well it's higher then was recommended I have it now at between 80 and 85. Still have really sticky chicks.
Were up to eight now with another on the way. Exciting times for sure.

That is high humidity. Congratulations on the hatch so far. How are they doing?

Yeah I know it's high but at this point all I can do is try and maybe open some holes at the top to help it drop some.
We are up to 20 babies and two deaths. Still have more signs showing on the eggs so more to come I think.
The ones that are hatched are so cute. Some are already running and flapping their wings. It's funny to watch.
My son named Number #1 Soda. I think that name fits nicely. I think we will average about a 50% hatch rate. Not to shabby for our first time or so a few people have told us. Wish it were higher though. Anyway I will keep updating as new news arrives. Oh and maybe some photo's.

Hello All - Update
23 babies in the brooder - 3 more in the the incubator 1 hatched and drying out and two working their way out of the egg.
Looking like 23 eggs that are not going to hatch. Candled them and water candled them no movement probably not going to hatch.
9 more eggs with what we believe still have potential to hatch. We shall see.
Oh I think I got a handle on the Humidity issue. Apparently there are two water trays in the bottom of our Janoel8-48. One for standard incubation say 40- 45% and a second tray for hatching 50-75%. These are difficult to see when the incubator is full of hatching eggs.
We had to clean out the incubator as the smell after 25 to 30 hatches was really bad.
Will update with photo's in the end along with closing thoughts and or remarks. Fun times.

Congratulations on all your new baby chicks. Now the guessing game begins, "how many pullets and how many roosters? Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom