Deconstruction continues (no skunks this time)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by TwistedSerpent, Aug 7, 2010.

  1. TwistedSerpent

    TwistedSerpent Chillin' With My Peeps

    337
    1
    121
    Apr 28, 2010
    So I got the mulch on the floor pretty much cleared out. I must say that the smell is much better in there, although my junk pile infront of the shed smells horrible.

    I decided to take off the old inner wall pieces that were still on. The back of the shed is just sheets of tin, so I might put new back there but the rest I would like to keep open. There is a shed to the right of this shed, and between the two it has been walled off and actually roofed too, however it is inaccessable. Upon removing the inner wall next to this space I see its pretty rotted. My intentions were to turn this middle space into an inclosed run, but with this wall so bad I just decided to take it out and turn it into part of the coop itself. It ends up one of the corners of this middle roofing just had no support and let rain in rotting that wall out. I'm hoping just putting a new support at that corner and fixing the gap between the two roofs will be all I need. Then need to find a way to fix the remaining wood up so I can paint it and work on vents, doors, and windows.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
     
  2. TwistedSerpent

    TwistedSerpent Chillin' With My Peeps

    337
    1
    121
    Apr 28, 2010
    So the approximate dimensions are 10'x9' plus an additional 8'x4' with this middle space added in. So its roughly 122 square feet.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by