Deep litter method

You should hear my family from Staten Island, NY.

I grew up in Brooklyn, but lost my accent from schooling, and mostly ridicule...

I have a hard time not laughing whenever we're together...

On the other hand, I could listen to you all day long and only smile...

Last edited:
Thank you for the video. I'm definitely sold on the deep litter method now!

You were very easy to understand . Your friend needs to hear some of us from Alabama !

gig.gif
I bet! I've heard Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee and Kentucky and I know they have a deeper accent than I, for sure.

Why, thank you!!  :hugs    I thought I sounded like I had Tourette's.... :p    The last fella I talked to from up north(Minnesota) said that my accent was so southern that he couldn't understand a word I said.  I'm thinking he hasn't really heard many southern accents because mine isn't THAT southern, I don't think. 

You sounded great. Video is informative and helpful! I live in south central ohio. When I moved to north east ohio for a while people kinda made fun of us and called us hillbillies. Years ago I had lived far southern ohio and people said I sounded stuck up. I dont think I have an accent but my son says other marines instantly know he's from Ohio. You sound like you! That's what matters.

If you guys could, maybe you could pass that vid along when you can. I noticed the vid with the most hits on YT on the DL method just uses deep bedding of pine shavings and doesn't really explore the potential of this method...if we can get more hits on mine it may just rise up in the search engine listings and more folks will come upon this one instead. I don't really care about getting big numbers but just making the vid more noticeable to those wanting to learn about this method.

I'll be making another one soon that's shorter and explains the benefits of this method more thoroughly and I'll post it here when I do. I hope to do less stuttering in that one!
lol.png

I just finished watching your video Bee and I didn't notice any stuttering. Some pauses to think, yes, but no stuttering. You did an excellent job! I will share it where I can.

Thank you! I'll try to put together a shorter, more comprehensive one that has better lighting than my winter coop. I'll open some doors and windows or choose a sunnier day.

Thank you!  I'd love for anyone who is doing it in their run to put together a vid to show it being done there....that one is hard to explain to people too as they think it will stay wet and stinky all the time and it's just the opposite. 

I havent gotten to try the method yet. Weather hasn't been cooperating. We haven't been able to build the coop and run yet. Meanwhile, our 13 chicks will be 2wks old tomorrow. They are living in a stock tank in my laundry room. When we replace bedding every other day, we bag the old and take it out to where the coop will be and dump it. Today it has poured rain all day (supposed to total 2in. By morning) and turning to freezing rain tomorrow and then 8-10 in snow. It feels like these birds will live their whole lives inside my house! Between melting snow and so much rain, we could swim in my yard. Tomorrow, can probably ice skate on it. I'm so ready for spring and to get the farm moved outside.

Back
Top Bottom