Deep litter method

Darn
he.gif

Try and remember that when one door closes a better one will open....Just hang in there, something good is coming to you....
hugs.gif

X 2 on that....seems like whenever something bad happens in my life, later on I can look back on that and thank the good Lord that He allowed that to happen...it usually saved me from a path that would have been far worse in my life.

Look for that next door to open and enjoy your time off...good things coming!
hugs.gif

X 2 on that....seems like whenever something bad happens in my life, later on I can look back on that and thank the good Lord that He allowed that to happen...it usually saved me from a path that would have been far worse in my life. 

Look for that next door to open and enjoy your time off...good things coming!  :hugs

I'm trying to keep looking forward. I just started this job. Was relying on it for all the usual back to school expenses. My boy's school goes back in less than a month. I was really hoping that if a new owner opened back up asap I could hopefully get my job back. With the robbery, though I don't know that they will trust any of us now. Its a shame. We had a lot of loyal customers too. My daughter's baby is due in just over a month. No one is gonna hire her right now for sure. She worked there longer than I did. Sure hope her baby shower is a success. I guess its just upsetting that some idiot made a bad situation worse for those of us who needed our jobs. It looks like an inside job.

Oh, I tried a different garden method this year and knew the first year would be pretty touchy, especially since I was supposed to establish this method in the fall and THEN plant into it in the spring. Since I didn't hear about it until this winter, I went ahead and established it~a Back to Eden garden~this spring...so the eventual pay off for this method won't come until NEXT year's garden season. Until then, putting malnourished seedlings into soil that's already crappy, but now has a nitrogen leaching layer of fresh wood chips on it, was a risky venture at best.

It will all be right next year.

Yes, I will add sweet
Hi Beekissed,

I have heard of the Back To Eden garden as well. I love it and have started modifying my garden as well. Makes total sense. Did you read about it on Dr. Mercola's web site?

Hi Beekissed,

I have heard of the Back To Eden garden as well. I love it and have started modifying my garden as well. Makes total sense. Did you read about it on Dr. Mercola's web site?

No...of all places, I had traced a mention of my screen name here on BYC to a UK garden forum and during my lurking there found mention of this garden method. I was immediately hooked, as I have the worst heavy clay ridge top soil you've ever seen and there are many things I cannot grow in it, so this seemed like a more permanent solution instead of all the other things I've tried.

I Thot I was doing deep litter method... But I'm doing deep bedding. I have 4 inches of compressed straw and poop
1f61c.png
and sweet Lyme and some DE sprinkled on top, stir it up every few days ....what should I add or is this ok?? They've only been outside for 4 weeks .no smell and its dry

I Thot I was doing deep litter method... But I'm doing deep bedding. I have 4 inches of compressed straw and poop
1f61c.png
and sweet Lyme and some DE sprinkled on top, stir it up every few days ....what should I add or is this ok?? They've only been outside for 4 weeks .no smell and its dry
is this in the coop or outside in the run? if in the coop, what is the floor underneath your 'deep bedding'??

If it's outside, just add any vegetable waste, grass clippings, wood chips, weeds from the garden, leaves, etc etc.......it's good to mix up the texture and sizes of what you put in so you get air pockets to help with decomposing. They'll keep it turned over in their normal day of scratching and digging

if it's inside, it would be helpful to know what your floor is
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom