Deer Netting

The area where my run will be has quite a few trees. I'll put the coop on the existing concrete pad, the run will go back towards the old existing coop. I'll need to cover my run due to all kinds of predators in the area. Haven't quite figured out how to cover it, with all those trees. I'm also wondering if I don't need something quite strong as a cover. I fear raccoons coming down on the cover from the trees. Any suggestions?
2260206363_933a668365_m.jpg

Pelican.......I used deer/bird netting both....the only trouble is the ice and snow in winter...otherwise in good clear weather I think bird netting will do.........I covered my in hog panels and propped up with boards...after ice nearly did it in....... for the spring/ summer time you should be fine with netting.......it will keep out the flying predators....

Quote:
I was thinking more of raccoons climbing down onto the top of the run from the trees. I was wondering if they'd just go through the deer netting. Maybe I'm worrying too much, but figured I'd try to do this right the first time.

Quote:
Love the look of the top on your run! I may have to give that a try. Not sure how I'll go around all the trees, but we'll see.

We used the deer netting around our garden. You have to tie strips of cloth to it so that the deer can see it and not run into it. And yes the coons can chew thru it cause something chewed through ours, not sure if it was coon or rabbits.
For chickens I would definetly use wire fencing and deer netting for the cover.

Back
Top Bottom