Definitely guinea spring

Since I posted, I’ve been locking Violet and about five of her friends in the coop in the day, only letting them out in the afternoon. They aren’t happy about it, but I keep telling myself that it’s better than getting hit by a car... As far as I can tell, this is keeping them all on property.

Ghost resolved his difficulties, at least for now. He isn’t hanging with the guys so much anymore; instead he stays near his previous harem. So far it looks like Ghost will still keep his previous girls... Curious about how the rest sort themselves out! Pic of Viceroy staring at the pile of shingles, which were unceremoniously dumped off of our roof by the roofers. We have a ton of home improvement/repairs going on. That old cedar siding is coming off next! The guineas have been so good about it, mostly staying away from the house and letting them work.

Attachments

• D93A42BC-0228-4CA9-BC32-2E699BFD552C.jpeg
    D93A42BC-0228-4CA9-BC32-2E699BFD552C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Since I posted, I’ve been locking Violet and about five of her friends in the coop in the day, only letting them out in the afternoon. They aren’t happy about it, but I keep telling myself that it’s better than getting hit by a car... As far as I can tell, this is keeping them all on property.

Ghost resolved his difficulties, at least for now. He isn’t hanging with the guys so much anymore; instead he stays near his previous harem. So far it looks like Ghost will still keep his previous girls... Curious about how the rest sort themselves out! Pic of Viceroy staring at the pile of shingles, which were unceremoniously dumped off of our roof by the roofers. We have a ton of home improvement/repairs going on. That old cedar siding is coming off next! The guineas have been so good about it, mostly staying away from the house and letting them work.
Glad to here they are behaving themselves 🙂
And letting the roofers work.... my birds need to learn some company manors.
I had someone out to buy chicks today and of course the guineas and turkeys came running. The guineas squawked up a storm while the turkeys came in close strutting. The poor dad refused to come out of the car till I walked the boys far enough away that he could get out and stand on the other side of the vehicle. 😆 Naughty boys

Glad to here they are behaving themselves 🙂
And letting the roofers work.... my birds need to learn some company manors.
I had someone out to buy chicks today and of course the guineas and turkeys came running. The guineas squawked up a storm while the turkeys came in close strutting. The poor dad refused to come out of the car till I walked the boys far enough away that he could get out and stand on the other side of the vehicle. 😆 Naughty boys
That’s quite the image!!!! :lau

I’m hoping so! I already have 2-3 people lined up for keets😁
I’m not intending on hatching any pearls this year unless I get requests for them. I want to focus on the white, lavender, and royal purple.
I think this will be possible because last year it seemed like there is a big enough weight difference between them and the jumbos. But we will see how right I am. Haha.

I am hoping to get a new color or two this year if the person I saw on Craigslist last year is selling keets again.
I have so many colors I’d like to add🙈 I want to go to the Iowa guinea farm. I could make a whole trip out of it. Go see my mom, hit up a koi farm, and finish off with collecting some keets😆

In NC they sell as fast as the ads go up. I had a heck of a time finding keets. I ended up having to get them from tractor supply.

In NC they sell as fast as the ads go up. I had a heck of a time finding keets. I ended up having to get them from tractor supply.
Our hatching eggs were selling like hot cakes last year, but that was using FB Marketplace. Now I’ve been banned for selling animal products (table and hatching eggs) and am trying to figure out where to advertise!

Our hatching eggs were selling like hot cakes last year, but that was using FB Marketplace. Now I’ve been banned for selling animal products (table and hatching eggs) and am trying to figure out where to advertise!
What in the world?? There's a lot in Craigslist here and they sell quick. What about a poultry auction?

I really hope that will be the case here this year.
Craigslist is the only place I know to list. :/ I wish I could post on fb. Way more people would see it then.

Back
Top Bottom