Deformed backyard bobwhites

Thanks! That’s good to know. So scratch is out then. Didn’t know. Will go to feed and seed store and find 24% feed for them.
The problem with scratch, other than being low protien, is that it's like "candy" to your birds. They will often only eat it and not their high protein feed. Plus, their not getting the vitamins and minerals needed for a healthy bird.

The problem with scratch, other than being low protien, is that it's like "candy" to your birds. They will often only eat it and not their high protein feed. Plus, their not getting the vitamins and minerals needed for a healthy bird.

X2 with 007....
I feed scratch in the winter too, problem is weaing the birds off of it in the spring they will pick through the pellets and crumble to get at the seed. Practially have to starve them to get them to switch back!

X2 with 007....
I feed scratch in the winter too, problem is weaing the birds off of it in the spring they will pick through the pellets and crumble to get at the seed. Practially have to starve them to get them to switch back!
The easiest way to get them back to eating "plain crumble" is to feed them once a day, not allow them free choice. Their usually too hungry to scratch and peck. At least it works for me.

Thats what I have been doing or should I say trying to do (when its not raining) but lazy stupid me ! When I know the storms are coming I put the seed in to hold them over as the other just seems to powder in the mist.
Dang TN weather is crazy right now! Always is around this time. sun, Rain, snow, 80s, 50s, 30s, 20z ......
Peach tress and Redbuds all over the place, but dogwood and blackberry winter hasnt even came yet.

Back
Top Bottom