1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Deformed duck

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kendallstarr, Apr 30, 2016.

1. kendallstarr

kendallstarr New Egg

Apr 30, 2016
    [​IMG]My mom brought me a baby duck, I've never had one before. His legs are grossly deformed. They jut out to the sides and his feet are curled up. He can't stand, walk, or swim. I hold him so he can eat and drink. I taped guitar pics to help stretch his toes out, and I have a very loose hair band around his legs so they'll stay together. In the picture the hair band is missing so you can see how his legs sprawl out. What do I do for him?

2. fourkidsandduck

fourkidsandduck Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    1. Was the duckling like that when you received him?
    2. What have you been feeding him?
    3. Where did she get him from?

3. kendallstarr

kendallstarr New Egg

Apr 30, 2016
    Yes he was like that. She said he's been this way since he hatched. My uncle raises exotic birds and chickens/ducks, but he had a heart attack. My mom has been helping out. I don't know the name of the food, but I do know that he buys the "best" for his birds. Unfortunately he's in no shape to offer advice. He would probably suggest that it be killed anyways... but I just can't do that.

4. kendallstarr

kendallstarr New Egg

Apr 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by