dehydration with water in the coop???

Evelle

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
North Idaho
so i have brand new orphingtons (well ive had them for 3 weeks)
they are young.. around 4 months... and i have water in the coop for them.. today i noticed they just werent acting right and my lav. roo was dead in the dog house they have to sleep in. i brought them inside and gave them water. they couldnt drink it fast enough.
sad.png
i put electos in the the next bowl again they acted like they havent seen water in years..
i did change what i put the water in because its been freezing so i put it in a rubber bowl so i can throw it and get the ice out of it alot easyer then a plastic chicken waterer.
it has been going down.. but not really fast.??? i figured it was because they are little and not drinking as much as the older ones..
why are they dieing of thirst when there is water right there in the coop for them..???

Chickens hate change. It stresses them out. I think you are going to need to educate your chicks as to what they supposed to do with the new waterer. It sounds like they may have been afraid of it, so didn't investigate it thoroughly. Silly birds.
roll.png

Sorry for your loss.

So you think they just dont want to drink out of it?? Maybe shove there face in it like a baby chick?? Urg!!!! Darn it!! They have had alot of changes to go through.. With comin to my place then rejected by my large flock then the water dish.

Back
Top Bottom