*delete*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
lookie at my above post

Your above post doesn't explain away anything that would make my advice irrelevant. You were just where Sunday? The Farmer D store? And they didn't have what? The 50 lb bag of feed? Just because the 50 lb bag wasn't in stock doesn't mean you weren't mischarged at check out.

Quote:
lookie at my above post

Your above post doesn't explain away anything that would make my advice irrelevant. You were just where Sunday? The Farmer D store? And they didn't have what? The 50 lb bag of feed? Just because the 50 lb bag wasn't in stock doesn't mean you weren't mischarged at check out.

well maybe i was. yeah, i was at the feed store. aaah whatever, ill just ask them about it next time i go.

Quote:
I guarantee even the high end parrot pellets that you have to buy at the vet because they don't sell them at the pet stores isn't even that expensive! $40 is far too much to pay for 4 pounds of any kind of feed for any animal. I would go back to the feed store with your reciept and a print out from the company's website stating that their price is $35/50lb bag. If the store does not immediately correct the mistake I would then write both the company and the better business bureau and complain about this feed store (and maybe consider writing the local newspaper too, nothing gets businesses moving like bad PR).

Quote:

well maybe i was. yeah, i was at the feed store. aaah whatever, ill just ask them about it next time i go.

Around here we have a motto, don't complain about something you have no intention of trying to change. IOW, don't complain for the sake of complaining. If it bothers you enough to get your trap runnin' do something about it.
wink.png

Quote:

Around here we have a motto, don't complain about something you have no intention of trying to change. IOW, don't complain for the sake of complaining. If it bothers you enough to get your trap runnin' do something about it.
wink.png

woah. i have no idea what you just said. :O

Quote:
Nice catch. I think you're right.

I go to a mill about an hour away about once a month and get their layer mix for $15/100. I get 3 bags. I mix that with wild bird seed, the cheap stuff, the one thats full of that red millet that NO wild birds will eat, and sunflower and safflower seeds. Chickens love it. I got it at Tractor Supply for $14 for 50 pounds.

Quote:
Nice catch. I think you're right.

I go to a mill about an hour away about once a month and get their layer mix for $15/100. I get 3 bags. I mix that with wild bird seed, the cheap stuff, the one thats full of that red millet that NO wild birds will eat, and sunflower and safflower seeds. Chickens love it. I got it at Tractor Supply for $14 for 50 pounds.

my chickens LOVE bird seed!

Quote:
Of course they do! Bird seed is like avian potato chips. Most birds love it, and it's all right in small, or often even moderate, quantities. But it's also full of fat and low on nutrition. So just make sure they aren't getting too much. I'm not sure exactly how much is "too much" for chickens, but I know that for psittacines (parrots, parakeets, cockatiels, and other hookbills) the recommended amount is no more than 10% of the total diet. And remember, that it's not 10% of the food you offer them, but 10% of what the bird is actually eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom