1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Delicate question...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Jul 9, 2010.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I need to know where women of substantial breast size buy their bras. The kind I have been buying for years is now discontinued, and and I need a resource that has large size bras without underwire. I am talking cup size FAR beyond what Lane Bryant has to offer.

Thanks!!!

2. the lemon tree

the lemon tree Songster

May 12, 2009
  3. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Songster

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    My sister (thankfully she was "blessed" with all the size and I wasnt, to me they get in the way of life lol)

anyway she has had really good luck going to Belk, & JC Penney she has been fitted and they sometimes order them for her as her size isnt a off the rack size either.

he he, I swear the above line wasnt intended as a pun but it sure reads that way!!!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  4. Ehigh57

Ehigh57 Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Newnan, GA. 30263
    Try this website. www.brashop.com

I ran across this store on a road trip thru St. Louis last summer. They had billboards along the highway that said "Got a Bra Problem? See Anna" Made me laugh out loud. Anyways, I stopped in and they measured me. Turns out I was buying the wrong size bras all these years. Explains why they were always uncomfortable! As I recall, they cost a little more than I was used to spending but it was so worth it. Hope this helps. [​IMG]

5. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I have trouble finding good bras tha fit also...especially ones that are pretty.

6. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I'm not sure about the name of the place I used when I was expecting, but they carried F-MMM! Best place ever. Probably not around anymore.

I found one little place here. My family likes to poke fun of 'advanced alphabet bras.' I just poke 'em in the eye with...well, not really.

The best one was about snowcaps for conjoined twins. Really funny, folks. Laughing on the inside. [​IMG]

7. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    My more "blessed" friends swear by Dillards.

8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Similar experience, after youngest ds was born, could not find anything that would fit ANYWHERE. Finally found a store taht primarily catered to women who had had mastectomies, were nursing (smallest part of their business) or extremely large. I am pretty sure it was not part of a chain, but I think that similar boutiques could be found elsewhere. FWIW, it was located near a retirement area

9. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Well first off [​IMG] All I have to do is cover mine with a bandaid! Thats what my Dad use to say, Hey Redhead, do you need a fresh box of Bandaids? He use to call me Montana flat lands too, yep, he was real funny [​IMG] My sister got it all and I mean ALL!! She was a triple H. Then she had 4 kids and well now she practically tucks them in her go-go boots [​IMG] So I am not jealous anymore, because I may be 40 in a few months but mine are right where God put them originally [​IMG]

Anyway.... She use to order hers from Herbergers. I am not sure if she still does, but that used to be the only place she could get them.

Good luck Debi [​IMG]

10. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    ugh. i hate my boobs. LOL. my dad used to say "over the shoulder pea holders" when i was younger.. but then as time went on(not even 16 when he said this=) "over the shoulder boulder holders" lol. my neighbor(and he really used to creep me out.. cuz he was gross) called me mountains for a long time. so... yeah. i don't have "off the rack boobs" yet.. but it's getting there. wal mart no longer carries the size that i use.. or rather the kind in the size i use. cuz they are kinda stretchy(the bras.. not my boobs LOL) and fit awesome. oh sure, they have the double D's but they just don't fit me right. i did finally go to penneys and get a couple that i do like. i even bought them off the clearance rack. so.. and it's pretty. the ones at wal mart.. are blah.
    http://www.biggerbras.com
    got this site from here maybe a year or so ago. hope this helps. never bought any from here though. i like to see and feel what im buying before i do [​IMG]
    all i can say is good luck!

Sue

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by