Delivery system for Oxine.... (Repiratory / CRD treatments)

Chicken_Pauper

Songster
8 Years
Mar 8, 2011
Southern California
Hi all.... (Sorry, dropped the s in respiratory)

I saw a "Portable" Cooling Misting System.. It's much like the "sprayers" you would use in the yard for weed killer or bug killer or spraying trees, etc.. but, it is for "camping"... etc.. it is a "pump up" system.. tank with, I think, just a few "nozzles" where mist comes out.. it is a bit pricey.. but, it is on sale at Big 5 for $39.95 this week, through Saturday...

Now, in researching it.. looking it up to see if I could find a better price.. I went to this website and they have hand held "personal misters" (smaller) as well.. much cheaper...

The bigger tank one -- the guy at Big 5 said they tested it last year and it lasts about an hour after you "pump it up"... then, there are hand held ones as well.. different one, all can be seen at this website... so, these would put out a much finer mist than a regular spray bottle.. and would be better for the Oxine?

I'm sure there are other brands, maybe cheaper.. I think I'll go back to Big 5 tomorrow and see if they have the handheld ones as well.

I think these would be great for the Oxine. It'd be much better for the birds to breathe in (a finer mist) and it'd be great for cooling the birds in the summer without having to run a garden hose to the coop area... (without Oxine)... at least for me.

O.K.; (later) I also went to Amazon.com, which has a few brands of these with reviews, so that you can judge the quality and durability for yourself. There's another brand that seems to have better reviews than the "MistyMate" brand.... on the small personal size one.

http://www.mistymate.com/ and/or http://www.amazon.com/ (search "personal mister")

I think these could be very helpful for those of us needing to "vaporize" the Oxine for the chickens to breathe in.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom