Demon is gonna go you know where!!!!!!!!!!!

chickenmomva

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 15, 2007
Northern Neck,VA
ok I am going to soon do what I said I would not if the GD rooster does not shut up........I love my chickens but the rooster Demon who is like 23/24 weeks old crows none stop.......all day..........all night........I thought he may hurt his voice or get horse but no he just keeps on and if you yell for him to shut up he does it again.......he crows then visits one of his girls.......then crows again cause he got some.....then crows again and again and again then he visits another girl.......and we have another little roo in with him and he is 10 weeks old and the go back and forth all day too.......what can I do to stop this other than ring his neck??????????

my father in law suggested to remove him from the coop and run during the day.........he said he would not go away from them he would like stand guard all day........

Your roosters are in a crowing competition and won't stop. I would sepearate the two before they start fighting with each other. Most roosters will crow less when they mature a bit.

Since crowing irritates you, the thing to do would be to rehome all your roos to a farm somewhere. Or even give them away on freecycle or an add in the paper. Unless you just have a yearning for chicken soup. Otherwise the crowing will destroy the joy and fun of having your hens.

Last edited:
Please dont get me wrong I love the sounds that come from the chicken yard........even the crowing but not the constant crowing ............if it was once an hour I could deal with that.......but it is the freguency that has become nails on the chalk board.........I wasnt sure if there was a cure I was missing .........the frequency is alarming to say the least!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom