Denagard 12,5 antibiotic

oshilo88

Songster
7 Years
Dec 5, 2015
Hi! Please help me. My chickens have a respiratory infection, sneezing, coughing. I bought Denagard. Does anyone know how many ml do I need to mix with 1 gallon of water? I mixed 7,5 ml will 1 gallon of water. They are taking this medication for 5 days now, and they are all feeling the same, same symptoms...maybe I am mixing incorrectly? I have 8-9 weeks old chicks, worried about them the most. And also my older 1-2 years have this infection with no better symptoms...

Hi! Please help me. My chickens have a respiratory infection, sneezing, coughing. I bought Denagard. Does anyone know how many ml do I need to mix with 1 gallon of water? I mixed 7,5 ml will 1 gallon of water. They are taking this medication for 5 days now, and they are all feeling the same, same symptoms...maybe I am mixing incorrectly? I have 8-9 weeks old chicks, worried about them the most. And also my older 1-2 years have this infection with no better symptoms...
Denagard treats Mycoplasma diseases. IF your sick birds have been drinking the bitter solution/mixture, you shouldve seen improvement by now. Otherwise it might be a different respiratory disease in which Denagard isnt the proper treatment. Or your birds arnt drinking enough, or not drinking the mixture at all. It must be their only source of drinking 'water'.
Other possible diseases include, but not limited to; Infectious Bronchitis (IB), Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILT), or Coryza. The first two are virus and Denagard wont treat virus.
Coryza requires different antibiotic(s) treatments.

Denagard treats Mycoplasma diseases. IF your sick birds have been drinking the bitter solution/mixture, you shouldve seen improvement by now. Otherwise it might be a different respiratory disease in which Denagard isnt the proper treatment. Or your birds arnt drinking enough, or not drinking the mixture at all. It must be their only source of drinking 'water'.
Other possible diseases include, but not limited to; Infectious Bronchitis (IB), Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILT), or Coryza. The first two are virus and Denagard wont treat virus.
Coryza requires different antibiotic(s) treatments.
Thank you for replying. My chickens have respiratory infection, sneezing and coughing. Is Denagard treat that?

Thank you for replying. My chickens have respiratory infection, sneezing and coughing. Is Denagard treat that?
Like I mentioned, Denagard only treats Mycoplasma diseases which shows the symptoms that you stated. However, there are other similar diseases that can show the same symptoms, but may not be a Mycoplasma disease. Have you had any of your sick birds tested to find out what disease they have? If not, you can contact your local extension office and inquire about getting your sick birds tested to find out exactly what you're dealing with.

Here is a handy list of common diseases including the common respiratory diseases such as MG (mycoplasma gallisepticum,) infectious bronchitis, infectious coryza, ILT (infectious laryngo tracheitis,) and aspergillosis.
https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

You can also call your state poultry vet to ask how you would get testing on sick birds in your state. Here is a list of state vets:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/PoultryLabs.cfm

Back
Top Bottom