denizli twins?

ntiveheart

Songster
11 Years
Dec 28, 2008
the lost world-central florida
i put a dozen denizli eggs, i'd been putting aside, into the incubator the other day, and last night, decided that even though it was a day or so early, that i'd candle them.

i have one heavy bodied hen, with the same coloring as my denizlis, running in the pen with them. i found a huge white egg and assumed it was hers even though she lays a light brown egg.

imagine my surprise last night when i found not one, but two embryos developing in that big old egg! twin denizlis!

what kind of chance do i have for these little guys to actually make it thru to hatching? any tips or tricks to share? i'd really appreciate any advice.

i have no idea how to insert pictures here.....hopefully this will work.

twins.jpg

It came happen, they can make it! Chances are you will have to help at hatching time though.

There is a wonderful thread here someone just helped hatch twins and shared a video of how she did it as well!

I know someone will post the link... I was to say it was last month, or maybe November it was posted.

Good luck, and CONGRATS!

(Do you have photos of your chickens, I don't quite know the kind you speak of!?)

Back
Top Bottom