Derperella, the (weird) Faverolles, & Friends

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Nambroth, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Texokie1

Texokie1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2012
    Middle Tennessee
    Thanks...I was just wondering. If Pearl is awake, she is noisy. As soon as she hears the door open, she starts a running commentary...and just.keeps.it.UP. If she gets treats, she’s noisy...if she DOESN’T get treats, she’s noisy. If it’s too hot, too cold, or Tuesday, she’s noisy. I think she may just have very strong opinions about everything. At all times. And wants you to know it. (Either that, or she was elected as the flock spokesperson...)

2. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Change the breed to Jersey Giant and the name to Agnes, and you're living my life. Agnes even announces when she's going to lay an egg, when she is laying an egg, when she has finished laying an egg, and then she does the same for each of her sisters. Saves them having to speak for themselves, I guess. We decided not to have any roosters so as not to push the neighbors too far. Now we still worry about pushing the neighbors too far.

mm

3. silver1313

silver1313 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Gettysburg, PA
    I think some babies.. no matter what breed are noisier... My NN mixes are louder than the SF babies I just got by a long shot ... they are also craftier and escaped the brooder so much we had to put the tops on

4. Texokie1

Texokie1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2012
    Middle Tennessee
    That is so crazy! I have a Jersey Giant, and she is a perfect lady...very regal...hardly makes a sound...gotta love the differences in personality...

5. thechickenwhisperer24

thechickenwhisperer24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2011
    My Renee the Jersey Giant is growing white feathers instead of black in on her head right now and has a feather picking issue. So regal, no but fortunately not very loud. My australorp Chachie (Cha-Cha) is really loud. Whenever I come out she and Flower the RIR start a chorus of angry chicken noises. I spend so much time listening to the birds I know who is being loud because of all their individual voices.
    (Sorry this is MollyAngel here [​IMG] my account got screwed up, they sent my a recovery for my old one that I thought I deleted)

6. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    I just LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT name Cha-Cha!!! Gotta remember that one! :D

7. silver1313

silver1313 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Gettysburg, PA
    Yeah cha cha is a nice name....hmm I do have 3 Sf hens to name lol

8. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA

I have a loud mouth hen I named Gabby...that works too...just saying.....:old

9. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Give them trio names, Silver...

10. mickey328

mickey328 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Northern Colorado
    LOL, Froggie...our loudest girl is also named Gabby. GMTA!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by