Desert Chickens, Anyone?

Jul 1, 2019
New Mexico
Here’s a place for folks who live in the desert to chat. I know it can be difficult to know what to do with the flock when it’s very hot outside, so here we can give and get advice.

I have fifteen pullets, all under a year old. Two are eighteen weeks, the rest are ten months. I live is Southern NM.

Here’s a place for folks who live in the desert to chat. I know it can be difficult to know what to do with the flock when it’s very hot outside, so here we can give and get advice.

I have fifteen pullets, all under a year old. Two are eighteen weeks, the rest are ten months. I live is Southern NM.
:frow South Central Mountains of New Mexico! Not too awful hot up here, bad enough for me! :lol: Where in southern NM are you?

The birds are as well as can be expected. My two youngest laid their first eggs today and yesterday! My other pets are rabbits who live outside in a hutch with a swamp cooler. We call it the Bunny Mansion.
Glad you are surviving out there. We've got some clouds now, blocking out that blazing sun!

Congrats on those first eggs! :woot Sounds like the rabbits have a haven out there. :p Stay cool!

Back
Top Bottom