DESIGNER EGG CHAIN

Draye,
Sorry for the delay. Summer is just crazy here. I still will offer the turken eggs. They are not laying super great right now. The marans are no longer in the pen with the turkens so they are just pure turken and turkenXameraucana. If you don't mind waiting till it cools down a bit I will have 100% pure turkens to include.

Tina, Thank you for the compliments too.

Christie

Last edited:

Christie,

Here's our Pete. Isnt he gorgeous?!? His bowtie is SO PERFECT! He is fluffy, friendly, and FUN... I can't wait 'til fall! :)

Last edited:
Draye,
Sorry for the delay. Summer is just crazy here. I still will offer the turken eggs. They are not laying super great right now. The marans are no longer in the pen with the turkens so they are just pure turken and turkenXameraucana. If you don't mind waiting till it cools down a bit I will have 100% pure turkens to include.

Christie

Glad to see you back!'
I don't mind waiting until it's cooler. It's been really hot and humid here also. Not planing on setting until September, but not surechoectjkngs are going to work out.

Getting a promotion at work and I'll be working kind of crazy hours so I'm going to have to wait until o see how this all works out.

Looking like spring anyway for me, possibly right before spring.

BTW: the Ameraucaba/ NN are great for me anyway.

I would be interested in this, but I'm really new to the non-commercial egg community. How much is it to ship eggs? How do you have to package them? What shipping company do you send them through to best get there?

I would be interested in this, but I'm really new to the non-commercial egg community. How much is it to ship eggs? How do you have to package them? What shipping company do you send them through to best get there?

Ship them USPS. They're the only one that will ship eggs. They're sometimes good and sometimes it. I thinks lot depends on what hubs they have to go through reaching their destination.

Also the cost depends on how many you ship. Usually I offer six eggs and ship out 8 or9 depending on how many toucan squeeze into the box. I use the priory fly rate boxes. It's been a while so not sure the cost of them anymore.

Ship them USPS. They're the only one that will ship eggs. They're sometimes good and sometimes it. I thinks lot depends on what hubs they have to go through reaching their destination.

Also the cost depends on how many you ship. Usually I offer six eggs and ship out 8 or9 depending on how many toucan squeeze into the box. I use the priory fly rate boxes. It's been a while so not sure the cost of them anymore.

Thank you!

Yep, USPS is the only ones that will honor insurance for shipping eggs, but not for detached air cells, just crushed eggs...

Flat rate boxes are Med box- 13.65 and Large- 18.45... or within a quarter of that cost, lol... :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/my-swapping-page

Just putting this out there in case anyone is interested in anything I have right now. I will be changing up the breeder pens about mid September. Waiting for it to cool down a bit before I make the change. Getting ready for the spring hatches. I will try to ship out eggs after two weeks of the change and through November unless it's too cold by then.

Hopefully this thread will still be going next spring, because @ mothergoose, I may be up for some of your Turken eggs.

CURRENT OFFERING AS OF NOW:
Draye,

Christie

Last edited:
Just wanted to update on my current offer of 8+ eggs of the following:Turken/Maran
Right now the girls are still on their winter holiday but should get back to laying soon. They are still in the winter accommodations too, so all the turkens and marans are together. We have both turken and maran roosters in there. There is also an ameraucana hen in there too. So there will be a chance for pure turken, pure blue & black copper marans and mixed of the breeds mentioned. These breeds will stay together till early spring then we will seperate them. I will post on here when they are laying and we have checked fertility. If anyone would rather have pure turken eggs only I will let you know once they have been seperated at least 2 weeks and fertility is checked. Think Spring!
Thanks,
Christie

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom