Designs/Photos of your permanent, large run extensions?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenbike, Mar 30, 2009.

1. chickenbike

chickenbike Chillin' With My Peeps

We are building a new coop this spring and while I love the idea of free-range, we simply cannot do that with the amount of wildlife cruising the area. Our birds are confined to a run and an ark at the moment, which we move around the yard every week.

We're considering a more permanent structure with a permanent run. Any photos, thoughts, or suggestions would be great!

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Have you browsed through the BYC coop pages yet? On most of the pages, you get great views of the run construction as well.

3. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately I do not have any plans. I am kind of get the Hammer and some nails and lets build something even if it wrong, it does not matter at least we are doing something [​IMG] [​IMG]

Omran

4. freddy22

freddy22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Illinois
    thats exactly what mine looks like lol

5. chickenbike

Quote:I have...and there are some great ones. I just figured folks are bound to have some which haven't been posted to the coop pages. The more designs we see, the easier it will be to configure something of our own! [​IMG]

6. chickenbike

Quote:Thanks Omran! That looks brilliant and is a big help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by