Desperate for help - leg problem bobwhite chick - please

stacyh

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 4, 2011
It is like his legs didn't grow correctly along with the curled toes. One leg sticks out in the back and doesn't go under him like the other leg does. If I place him in the brooder he takes that leg and pushes himself around on his tummy. He eats and drinks but I have him in a cup with shelf liner because the other chicks peck him. Can he be saved? I made him boots yesterday but removed them last night because he looked miserable. Today we used a bandaid to pull his legs together but that just made them both stick out behind him - he couldn't pull them underneath him. I went and bought some poly-vi-sol last night and have given it to him. I really don't want to lose him because he is my little buddy now. Please help. If you need more pictures just let me know. This is our first time incubating quail and he was one of the last to hatch.

It wouldn't let me sign in with the e-mailed to me password so I had to create a new account so now it will not let me post pictures. Hopefully this link will work.

smg.photobucket.com/albums/v245/sunshine%40sccoast.net/quail/

How am I supposed to get help when I can't post anything because of this message?

We have been having a big problem with spam and have had to temporarilly limit what brand new members can post. To continue, please reduce the number of URLs or images in your post to 0.

I took the http out - I hope you can see the pics.

Sorry To Say Stacy Is Doent Normally Go Well From Here... If He Was A Common Spraddle Leg And It Was Caught In The 1st Few Hrs Of Life Maybe... But This Is Full On Hip Displasia Of The Affected Side... Not Good. Often That And Curled Toes/feet Can Be Signs Of Low Humidity Or Late Hatcher. In My Experience These Dont Respond To Anything And Unsavory Results Ensue
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom