1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Desperately wanting to hatch!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickpeaz, Mar 3, 2011.

1. chickpeaz

chickpeaz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Central PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have the worst case of spring fever and I can't stand it! I ordered hatchery chicks, but they won't be here till early May. We culled all our cockerels last fall so I have no fertile eggs of my own. I don't have anybody locally to get hatching eggs from. I've been watching the auction boards but I'm awaiting word about eggs from a particular member so I don't want to spend a lot in the meantime.

I know it doesn't help that I'm pregnant/nesting/hormonal and everybody's cute chick photos are just driving me over the edge. I was even watching chick videos on youtube yesterday just to hear the peeping!! I'm clearly out of control. I just want some eggs in my incubator!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Emmalion

Emmalion Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    I'm right there with you with the spring fever. I will be starting my first incubation session this weekend. (I hope) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by