detach/attach portable run to coop?

eegs2k

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 20, 2013
Hi all,

We just got an old shed that was converted to a coop. Now I need to build a run and attach it to the coop.

I would like to be able to move the run around the property so the birds can roam, but still be safe from neighbor's dogs. Kind of like a tractor.

Does anyone have any tips or methods to securely fasten/unfasten the run to the coop? I am thinking of hinges or pins. Something that will make it quick to pop off and move, but still secure when attached. trying to avoid having to unscrew it every time.

I've searched through many threads and galleries her, but can't seem to find anything.

Anyone have any tips on this?

Thanks

To attach my electric netting to my permanent run I put in some screw eyes to the posts in my run and just tie the end poles of the netting to the screw eyes.

When I built my tractor I made it in two sections so it was easier to move. To put it together securely I again used screw eyes. I put one on each section and used a bolt, fender washers, and a butterfly nut to put them together. That was a quick and easy connection.

Maybe this will give you an idea. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom